Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Characterised by a lack of appetite, especially as suffering from anorexia nervosa; anorexic.
- 2005: cultural historians would trace the impact of the drug across a wide spectrum of popular culture, from the Mods of Britain to the new anorectic chic of the fashion world as exemplified by models like Twiggy. — Martin Torgoff, Can't Find My Way Home (Simon & Schuster 2005, p. 160)
- Causing a loss of appetite.
anorectic (plural anorectics)
- A person suffering from anorexia nervosa; an anorexic.
- A drug or dietary supplement that reduces the appetite so as to promote weight loss.