Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: anymore
- (in negative or interrogative constructions) From a given time onwards; longer, again.
- They don't make repairable radios any more.
- (colloquial, chiefly Northern Ireland, US, in positive constructions) Now, from now on.
- 1920, DH Lawrence, Women in Love:
- ‘Quite absurd,’ he said. ‘Suffering bores me, any more.’
- 2009, Thomas Pynchon, Inherent Vice, Vintage 2010, page 268:
- He's no longer the wholesome Chamber of Commerce bigshot we used to know in the olden days, Doc, he's bad shit anymore.
- To a greater extent (than).
- I don't like Braque any more than I like Picasso.
in negative or interrogative constructions
- any more at OneLook Dictionary Search