Jump to navigation Jump to search
apéritif (plural apéritifs)
- An alcoholic drink served before a meal as an appetiser.
- 1963, Margery Allingham, chapter 5, in The China Governess:
- A waiter brought his aperitif, which was a small scotch and soda, and as he sipped it gratefully he sighed.
‘Civilized,’ he said to Mr. Campion. ‘Humanizing.’ […] ‘Cigars and summer days and women in big hats with swansdown face-powder, that's what it reminds me of.’
- See also Thesaurus:alcoholic beverage
alcoholic drink served before a meal as an appetiser
apéritif m (plural apéritifs)
- apéro (informal)
- “apéritif” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).