Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /əˈpɒləʊ/
- (General American) IPA(key): /əˈpɑloʊ/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɒləʊ
- Hyphenation: Apol‧lo
apollo (plural apollos)
- A very handsome young man.
- (entomology) Any of several papilionid butterflies of the genus Parnassius, especially Parnassius apollo of Eurasia (also known as the mountain apollo).
handsome young man
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
apollo m (plural apolli)
- a young man of great beauty, an apollo
- Apollo butterfly (Parnassius apollo, a large swallowtail with black and red spots on white wings)