Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Appartement and appartément
From French appartement.
appartement (plural appartements)
- (non-native speakers' English) Misspelling of apartment.
- 1996 June 11, Ammadj Sedik, “exchange of flat Paris-London (échange d'appartement)”, in soc.culture.british (Usenet), retrieved 2022-05-01:
- I am a French student of litterature who would like to visit London during the month of August. Maybe you would like to visit Paris in this period. I propose you to exchange my appartement with yours. I live in the near suburb of Paris (5 minutes from the center by the tube). My appartement is modest, but with all acommodities: to live, to sleep, to cook, to wash, to read, to dream,...
- 1998 September 20, DJB, “Man at my bed”, in alt.folklore.ghost-stories (Usenet), retrieved 2022-05-01:
- The strange woman went right up to my appartement (I live in the highest) and stood right in front of my door. And she was just standing there, staring. Of course, I didn't notice that, so my girlfriend rang me using the intercom and said that a strange women was standing at my door.
- 1999 November 3, bou...@nomade.fr, “For Rent Appartement for Chrismas in Paris”, in japan.travel.abroad (Usenet), retrieved 2022-05-01:
- I leave my appartement in Paris, durin chrismas, and i would like to rent it for 1 week.
Situated near the "Père Lachaise cemetary" and near bus and metro.
3 rooms, it means 2 bedrooms.
With a quite big garden.
Nice residence, very green.
Do not hesitate to let me a proposition.
- 2000 June 29, egy...@internetegypt.com, “appartement in Cairo”, in alt.culture.egyptian (Usenet), retrieved 2022-05-01:
- Now you all can enjoy your time in cairo , without incurring very expensive hotel charge . I offer you to spend your lovely time in cairo as my guest , it`s charge is 10 $ for single room 15 $ for double room . I live in nasr city , my appartement is 120 m ..
Borrowed from French appartement, from Italian appartamento, from Spanish apartamiento.
appartement n (plural appartementen, diminutive appartementje n)
- an apartment
- → Indonesian: apartemen
- apartement (obsolete)
Borrowed from Italian appartamento, from Spanish apartamiento.
appartement m (plural appartements)
- → Czech: apartmá
- → Dutch: appartement
- → English: apartment (see there for further descendants)
- → German: Appartement
- → Luxembourgish: Appartement
- → Persian: آپارتمان (âpârtemân) (see there for further descendants)
- → Romanian: apartament
- → Turkish: apartman
- “appartement”, in Trésor de la langue française informatisé [Digitized Treasury of the French Language], 2012.
- English terms borrowed from French
- English terms derived from French
- English lemmas
- English nouns
- English countable nouns
- Non-native speakers' English
- English misspellings
- English terms with quotations
- English terms suffixed with -ment
- Dutch terms borrowed from French
- Dutch terms derived from French
- Dutch terms derived from Italian
- Dutch terms derived from Spanish
- Dutch terms with IPA pronunciation
- Dutch terms with audio links
- Dutch lemmas
- Dutch nouns
- Dutch nouns with plural in -en
- Dutch neuter nouns
- Dutch terms with usage examples
- French terms borrowed from Italian
- French terms derived from Italian
- French terms derived from Spanish
- French 4-syllable words
- French terms with IPA pronunciation
- French terms with audio links
- French lemmas
- French nouns
- French countable nouns
- French masculine nouns