Jump to navigation Jump to search
- An act or instance of appropriating.
- That which is appropriated.
- Public funds set aside for a specific purpose.
- (art) The use of borrowed elements in the creation of a new work.
- (sociology) The assimilation of concepts into a governing framework.
- In church law, the making over of a benefice to an owner who receives the tithes, but is bound to appoint a vicar for the spiritual service of the parish.
- In constitutional law, the principle that supplies granted by parliament are only to be expended for particular objects specified by itself.
act of appropriating, or something appropriated
public funds set aside for a specific purpose
(sociology) the assimilation of concepts into a governing framework
- appropriation at OneLook Dictionary Search
- appropriation in Keywords for Today: A 21st Century Vocabulary, edited by The Keywords Project, Colin MacCabe, Holly Yanacek, 2018.
- appropriation in The Century Dictionary, New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911.
appropriation f (plural appropriations)