Jump to navigation Jump to search
- simple past tense and past participle of
articulated (not comparable)
- Constructed with one or more pivoted joints which allow bending of an otherwise rigid structure.
- Of a vehicle, composed of component parts each with its own wheels and chassis, e.g. an articulated lorry, articulated bus, or certain kinds of streetcars and trains.
- 2019 October 23, “Testing begins as Merseyrail moves closer to new '777s'”, in Rail, page 29:
- The trains are a fixed formation of four articulated vehicles, and are fitted with large vestibules, wide aisles, open gangways and air-conditioning.
Having one or more pivoted joints