Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈɔː.ɹɪk.əl/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈɔɹ.ək.əl/
Audio (US) (file)
- Homophone: oracle (in some accents)
auricle (plural auricles)
- (biology) Any appendage in the shape of an ear or earlobe.
- (anatomy) Synonym of .
appendage in the shape of an earlobe
outer ear — see pinna
an ear-shaped appendage of the left or right atrium of the heart
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
- “auricle”, in Lexico, Dictionary.com; Oxford University Press, 2019–present.
- “auricle”, in Merriam–Webster Online Dictionary.