Jump to navigation Jump to search
autosome (plural autosomes)
- (genetics) Any chromosome other than sex chromosomes.
- 1906 January 5, Thos. H. Montgomery, “The terminology of aberrant chromosomes and their behavivor in certain Hemiptera”, in Science, volume 23, number 575, page 36:
- Autosoma (or autosome), the usual or non-aberrant chromosomes, called by me previously ordinary chromosomes.
- 1908, Herbert Spencer Davis, Spermatogenesis in Acrididae and Locustidae:
- It is apparently formed by the arms of the loops becoming twisted around each other, and, as in the Acrididae, each of these arms no doubt represents a univalent autosome.