This etymology is incomplete. You can help Wiktionary by elaborating on the origins of this term.
- Used other than with a figurative or idiomatic meaning: see awesome, sauce.
2005, Cary Neff, Conscious Cuisine, page 242:
- The combination of spices and seasonings creates an awesome sauce or marinade for chicken, seafood, and beef.
- (Internet slang) The essence of awesomeness.
- 2010, P.C. Cast, Kristin Cast, Burned, page 39:
- He was, as my BFF Kayla would say, "a hottie covered with awesome sauce.
- (Internet slang) Something which is awesome, cool or spectacular.
- awesome (Internet slang)