Jump to navigation Jump to search
backhaul (plural backhauls)
- (transport) A return trip after delivery of cargo.
- Low rates for backhaul account for the huge volume of waste paper shipped to Asia from the US.
- (military) The shipment of material to or through an area from which the material had previously been shipped.
- (travel, aviation, fare construction) travel to a destination via a further point, (or a higher fare point), than the destination. (higher intermediate point)
- ^ US FM 55-15 Transportation Reference Data; 9 June 1886