Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A vertical covering on a wall rising above a countertop or other work surface to protect the wall from spills and to decorate the wall.
- (rowing) The small splash of water that occurs when an oar enters the water to begin a stroke, just before the rower reaches the catch.
- (transitive, intransitive) To splash backward.
- 1990, Stephen King, The Moving Finger:
- He succeeded in cutting the pad of his right palm quite badly on the blade of a paring knife before seizing two of the C-cells, but he felt this no more than he felt the burns he had sustained when he had been backsplashed.
- 2004, Yin Sun, Detection Technologies for Chemical Warfare Agents and Toxic Vapors, page 92:
- More importantly, the use of the delta tube prevents dangerous backsplashing of the agent that can occur when an impinging sparger is used improperly.