Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (uncountable) The state or result of being baffled, puzzled, or confused.
- 1920, Mary Roberts Rinehart, chapter 12, in The Bat:
- "Have you any theory about this occurrence to-night?" She watched him eagerly as she asked the question.
- He made a gesture of bafflement.
- "None whatever—it's beyond me," he confessed.
- 2008, Chris Rojek, Brit-Myth: Who Do the British Think They Are?, Reaktion Books (→ISBN)
- The error here is to confuse British composure with the appearance of bafflement, embarrassment and reserve.
- (countable) Something that causes a state of confusion or puzzlement.