- bangin' (slang)
- present participle of
- The action of the verb to bang.
- The banging of the hammers could be heard from several streets away.
- Strange bangings in the old house were ascribed to a poltergeist.
- (slang) Excellent, brilliant, very exciting, top, great.
- Wow, what a banging haircut! It looks terrific!
- (colloquial, dated) Huge; great in size.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Forby to this entry?)
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for banging in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)