Jump to navigation Jump to search
baptismal (not comparable)
- Of or relating to baptism.
- Of a name, conferred at baptism.
- 1936, Rollo Ahmed, The Black Art, London: Long, page 107:
- The neophyte was given a new name in place of the baptismal one, usually of an evil and revolting character, and this was written in blood in the Devil's book, the covers of which were bound in the skin of unbaptised infants.
relating to baptism
baptismal (plural baptismals)
- A baptismal name: a name given at baptism.
- A baptismal font: a large basin used for baptism.
- The baptismal is in the front of the sanctuary.
baptismal (masculine and feminine plural baptismals)