Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The practice of procuring women for the gratification of lust.
- Illicit intercourse; fornication.
- Obscenity; filthy, unchaste language.
- 1749, Henry Fielding, chapter IV, in The History of Tom Jones, a Foundling. In Six Volumes, volume (please specify |volume=I to VI), London: Printed by A[ndrew] Millar, […], OCLC 928184292, book VII:
- […] for the conversation (if it may be called so) was seldom such as could entertain a lady. It consisted chiefly of hallowing, singing, relations of sporting adventures, b—d—y, and abuse of women, and of the government.