Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
gratification (plural gratifications)
- The act of gratifying, or pleasing, either the mind, the taste, or the appetite; as, the gratification of the palate, of the appetites, of the senses, of the desires, of the heart.
- That which affords pleasure; satisfaction; enjoyment; fruition: delight.
- A reward; a recompense; a gratuity.
- gratification in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- gratification in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- gratification at OneLook Dictionary Search
gratification f (plural gratifications)