Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Intercourse
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈɪn.tɚˌkɔɹs/, /ˈɪn.tɚˌkoɹs/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈɪn.təˌkɔːs/
Audio (US) (file)
intercourse (plural intercourses)
- Communication, conversation.
- this sweet intercourse of looks and smiles
1918, W. B. Maxwell, chapter 10, in The Mirror and the Lamp:
- It was a joy to snatch some brief respite, and find himself in the rectory drawing–room. Listening here was as pleasant as talking; just to watch was pleasant. The young priests who lived here wore cassocks and birettas; their faces were fine and mild, yet really strong, like the rector's face; and in their intercourse with him and his wife they seemed to be brothers.
- Dealings between countries.
- Dealings with people, including commerce and trade.
- sexual intercourse usually involving humans.
- See also Wikisaurus:sexual intercourse.
dealings between countries
dealings with people, including commerce and trade