Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Similar to, or tasting like beef.
- Containing beef.
- (informal) Strong or muscular.
- The barman was a big, beefy guy with his sleeves rolled up and tattoos on his arms.
- Large; overweight; fat.
- 1938, Norman Lindsay, Age of Consent, Sydney: Ure Smith, published 1962, page 82:
- Grumping indignantly, he said, "By ginger, a nice blanky thing to lose a good job and risk being dam' near killed by Peabody for a beefy married woman. I tell you she weighs over fifteen stone, absolutely."
- (informal) Sturdy; robust.
- The software slows down even a beefy computer.
similar to beef
muscular — see muscular
robust — see robust