Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: bee-line
beeline (plural beelines)
- A very direct or quick path or trip.
- to make / strike a beeline for / to something
- The children made a beeline to the swimming pool.
- 1922 February, James Joyce, Ulysses, London: The Egoist Press, published October 1922, OCLC 2297483:, Episode 16
- Discussing these and kindred topics they made a beeline across the back of the Customhouse and passed under the Loop Line bridge where a brazier of coke burning in front of a sentrybox or something like one attracted their rather lagging footsteps.
- (mining, chiefly historical) A dynamite fuse made with a small quantity of dynamite powder along its length, so that the spark travels quickly and at a specific known rate.
straight course, ignoring established paths of travel
- To travel in a straight course, ignoring established paths of travel.