behind the scenes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: behind-the-scenes
- behind-the-scenes (adjective)
- (idiomatic, theater, film) behind the scenery and stage area; backstage; among the actors; during the production or rehearsal
- Many videos come with features that show what went on behind the scenes to make the movie and special effects.
- (idiomatic, figurative) In secret; out of public view.
- The government has been negotiating behind the scenes with the separatists for months.
in secret; out of public view