Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Warlike in nature; aggressive; hostile.
- 1996 March 15, Pringle, James, “Peking sends out mixed signals”, in The Times, number 65,528, ISSN 0140-0460, OCLC 502384265, Overseas News, page 14, column 8:
- CHINA sent both bellicose and conciliatory signals yesterday as tension continued in the Taiwan Strait over Chinese military exercises and the deployment of US naval battle groups.
- 2012 July 12, Sam Adams, “Ice Age: Continental Drift”, in AV Club:
- Showing or having the impulse to be combative.
- See also Thesaurus:combative
warlike in nature
having the impulse to be combative
bellicose f pl