Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (idiomatic) Having a tendency or desire to shoot a firearm irresponsibly before adequately identifying the target.
- The bystanders were indiscriminately gunned down by trigger-happy gang members.
- (idiomatic) Inclined to behave recklessly or violently at the slightest provocation.
- Be careful when you work near him; he's trigger-happy with that chain-saw.
- He was so trigger-happy that he wheeled and punched me when I brushed by him in the hall.
having a tendency or desire to shoot a firearm irresponsibly