Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (aviation) Informal name for the brightly colored cockpit voice recorders and flight data recorders in an aircraft designed to aid in determining the cause of an accident.
- (transport) by extension, any similar device on motor vehicles, such as rail event recorders and ship trip recorders
- A theoretical construct or device with known input and output characteristics but unknown method of operation.
- (theoretical construct or device): black box testing
recorders in an aircraft
theoretical construct or device
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked