Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: black-box
- (informal, aviation) The brightly colored cockpit voice recorders and flight data recorders in an aircraft designed to aid in determining the cause of an accident.
- (transport, by extension) Any similar device on motor vehicles, such as rail event recorders and ship trip recorders.
- A theoretical construct or device with known input and output characteristics but unknown method of operation.
- A device used in phreaking that prevents the calling party from being billed for the call placed.
- (theoretical construct or device): black box testing
recorders in an aircraft
theoretical construct or device