- (science fiction weapon): blastor
blaster (plural blasters)
- Anything that, or anyone who blasts.
- A device to detonate an explosive, often consisting of a box with a handle to be pressed down.
- (science fiction) An unspecified powerful hand weapon, usually one that fires energy.
1939 June, Williamson, Jack, “One Against the Legion”, in Astounding Science-Fiction, volume 23, number 4, page 138:
- One slender hand clung near a singular jewel, like a great white snow crystal, that hung from her throat. And the other, with a practiced and familiar grip, held a barytron blaster of the newest legion design. An unwilling little glisten had come into the violet eyes. Her blond head flung angrily. She caught her breath, and lifted the barytron blaster. Its bright tube pointed straight between his shoulders. He would never even know.