See also: blood-thirsty
- Thirsty for blood: inexorably violent or eager for bloodshed, murderous.
2017 October 27, Alex McLevy, “Making a killing: The brief life and bloody death of the post-Scream slasher revival”, in The Onion AV Club:
- The slasher narrative is as simple as a knife in the head: Some tragic event creates a killer who then seeks bloodthirsty revenge for that primal trauma, and audiences hoot and cringe in equal measure as characters lose their lives one by one, often in unexpected or inventive ways, until a resourceful “Final Girl” manages to defeat the monster.
- 1998, Andrei Lubensky, translated by Vitaly Lubensky, Elemoont Chapter 9
- "Piranhas!" repeated the creature, "If you sit here, they will gobble you with your asteroid up!" "And where can I run away?" asked the Elemoont, but the hatch closed with a bang and the space ship rushed away like a lightning. The Elemoont looked around and understood that the red sparks he formerly considered as stars, were in reality the terrible, bloodthirsty space piranhas' eyes!
- (noun, state): bloodthirst
- (noun, feeling): bloodthirstiness
- (noun, agent): bloodthirster
- (adjective, in this state): blood-thirsting
eager to resort to violence