- Needing to drink.
- After all that work I am really thirsty.
- Causing thirst; giving one a need to drink.
1897, Bram Stoker, Dracula:
- I had for dinner, or rather supper, a chicken done up some way with red pepper, which was very good but thirsty.
2004, Charlotte Williamson, Vehicle maintenance for women, ↑ISBN:
- Invest in a water bottle: cycling can be thirsty work.
- Craving something.
- I am thirsty for knowledge.
- After the president left office, the nation was thirsty for change.
- (slang) desiring sex
needing to drink