Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- bloudshed (obsolete)
- The shedding or spilling of blood.
- A slaughter; destruction of life, notably on a large scale.
- (obsolete) The shedding of one's own blood; specifically, the death of Christ.
- (obsolete) A bloodshot condition or appearance; an effusion of blood in the eye.
shedding or spilling of blood
carnage, destruction of life, slaughter
shedding of one's own blood; specifically, the death of Christ
bloodshot condition or appearance; an effusion of blood in the eye
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
- bloodshed in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911