Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
blow-by-blow (not comparable)
- (idiomatic) Detailing every action or occurrence completely.
- He gave a blow-by-blow account of the entire trip.
- 2000, Yunzhong Shu, Buglers on the Home Front: The Wartime Practice of the Qiyue School, State University of New York Press, ISBN 0791444376, chapter 2, page 58:
- In a lapidary style, Qiu Dongping clearly and forcefully describes battlefield actions with simple sentences, giving a blow-by-blow account of successive events with neither understatement nor exaggeration.
blow-by-blow (plural blow-by-blows)
- (idiomatic) An account, description, or commentary including every detail of the action or event.
- The media published a blow-by-blow of the trial as it happened.