Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (television): An allusion to the idiocy of television programming and the supposed audience for such (boobs) and that televisions of the era used cathode ray tube (CRT) vacuum tube displays.
- (clothing): From it being a tube-like garment that covers the breasts (boobs) of a woman.
- (US, informal, dated, derogatory) A television.
- Synonym: idiot box
- (Britain, informal) A type of woman's upper body garment consisting of a taut band of cloth around the breasts and back.
- 2015, Oscar Phoenix, This Hostage to Fortune:
- At the same time, Tara puts her arms into her boob tube.
- Synonym: (US) tube top
The word used as a synonym for television was heard as early as 1965 on an episode of The Munsters. It was probably in use before that time.
slightly derogatory term for television
women's garment — see tube top