Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Short for booby. The noun sense "fool" dates to 1909, while the noun sense "breast" dates to 1945.
boob (plural boobs)
- (informal, pejorative) Idiot, fool.
- (slang) A breast, especially that of a human adult or adolescent female.
1974, Ernest Brawley, The Rap, page 256:
- Her boob had fallen out of her nightgown and now lay limp against the stained sheet.
- 2013, book cover for Mommy Has a Boo Boo in Her Boob by Kim Haskan
- Mommy Has a Boo Boo in Her Boob was written to help families who have been affected by breast cancer.
boob (not comparable)
- To behave stupidly; to act like a boob.
- (informal, intransitive) To make a mistake
1969, “Alchemy”, in The Canadian Forum, volume 49, page 211:
- ...the younger generation will not altogether be grateful for the book in which they are contained — especially when he boobs in calling the Weavers a rock ensemble.