Jump to navigation Jump to search
borrower (plural borrowers)
- One who borrows.
- a library borrower's card
- 1984, Journal of Banking & Finance, volume 8, page 158:
- But if other negative factors are operating simultaneously, or if the borrower's financial status is weak to start with, then one extra adverse development is more likely to affect returns on the loan.
- 2002, Manfred Görlach, Still More Englishes, page 144:
- This term became popular from the late 1960s onwards, languages being neatly divided between borrowers and calquers.
one who borrows