Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: bounceback
Audio (AU) (file)
- (idiomatic) To recover from a negative without seemingly any damage.
- We thought he'd die from the crash, but he bounced back to normal after 10 days in hospital.
- 2018 December 8, Phil McNulty, “Chelsesa 2 - 0 Manchester City”, in BBC Sport:
- Chelsea bounced back from the disappointment of losing at Wolves in midweek to end City's 21-game unbeaten league run stretching back to April, and a sequence of 14 unbeaten games away from home.
- (of a message, usually an email) To be returned to the sender because it is undeliverable.