Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Browning
browning (plural brownings)
- The act or operation of giving a brown colour, as to gun barrels, cooked food, etc.
- Any of various preparations used to impart a brown colour to gravy, leather, etc.
- (masonry) A smooth coat of brown mortar, usually the second coat, and the preparation for the finishing coat of plaster.
- (Jamaican) A brown-skinned person.
- 2017, “Peng Ting”, performed by Mackareo:
- One or two white gyal / Three or four lighties / Five or six darkies / Seven or eight brownings