Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: plåster
- 1 English
- 2 Danish
- 3 Polish
- 4 Swedish
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈplɑːstə/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈplæstɚ/
- (Northern England) IPA(key): /ˈplastə/
- Rhymes: -ɑːstə(ɹ), -æstə(ɹ)
Audio (US) (file)
- (uncountable) A paste applied to the skin for healing or cosmetic purposes.
- (countable, New Zealand, Britain) A small adhesive bandage to cover a minor wound; a sticking plaster.
- (uncountable) A mixture of lime or gypsum, sand, and water, sometimes with the addition of fibres, that hardens to a smooth solid and is used for coating walls and ceilings; render, stucco.
- (countable) A cast made of plaster of Paris and gauze; plaster cast.
- (uncountable) plaster of Paris.
mixture for coating
plaster of Paris — see plaster of Paris
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- (transitive) To cover or coat something with plaster, or apply a plaster. To render.
- Her face was plastered in mud.
- (transitive) To hide or cover up, as if with plaster.
- The radio station plastered the buses and trains with its advertisement.
to cover with plaster
to cover up, as with plaster
Declension of plaster
plaster m inan
declension of plaster
- plasterek (diminutive)
- indefinite plural of plast