Audio (US) (file)
bullpen (plural bullpens)
- An enclosed area used to hold bulls.
- Magnus and Big Buck are over in the bullspen, ready for tonight's rodeo.
- (baseball) An enclosed area for pitchers to warm up in during a game.
- After that hit, there is activity in the bullpen.
- (baseball) The relief pitchers of a team collectively.
- Their bullpen is worn out after yesterday's doubleheader where both games went 12 innings.
- (figuratively) A place for someone or something to get ready.
- If this team of consultants fails, I have another warming up in the bullpen.
- An open seating arrangement where project teams can communicate openly with minimal effort.
- We have our sales team in a bullpen setup to keep their energy flowing.
baseball: enclosed area for pitchers to warm up in during a game
baseball: relief pitchers of a team collectively
metaphorical: figurative place to get ready
bullpen m (plural búllpenes)
- (baseball) bullpen