Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Government by bureaus or their administrators or officers.
- (business, organizational theory) A system of administration based upon organisation into bureaus, division of labour, a hierarchy of authority, etc., designed to dispose of a large body of work in a routine manner.
- The body of officers and administrators, especially of a government.
- Any administration, body, or behavior characterised by excessive red tape and routine.
form of government
system of administration
- "bureaucracy" in Raymond Williams, Keywords (revised), 1983, Fontana Press, page 49.