bury the lede
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- bury the lead (non-US and some US)
Audio (AU) (file)
bury the lede (third-person singular simple present buries the lede, present participle burying the lede, simple past and past participle buried the lede)
- (idiomatic, US, journalism) To begin a story with details of secondary importance to the reader while postponing more essential points or facts.
- The news account started by recounting details of the candidate's appearance and buried the lede by not mentioning his new call for tax reform until the 19th paragraph.
- BLUF (chiefly US military)
- Alternate spelling of "lead"