Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: cæcum
caecum (plural caeca)
- (anatomy) A blind pouch connected to the large intestine between the ileum and the colon.
- 1970, JG Ballard, The Atrocity Exhibition:
- After a preliminary course in anatomy it was found that caecum and transverse colon also provided excellent sites for excitation.
- Synonym: blind gut
blind pouch connected to the large intestine
- (Classical) IPA(key): /ˈkae̯.kum/, [ˈkae̯.kʊ̃ˑ]
- (Ecclesiastical) IPA(key): /ˈt͡ʃe.kum/, [ˈt͡ʃɛː.kum]