Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: call-off
- (transitive) To recall; to cancel or call a halt to.
- Synonyms: cancel, withcall
- If you want me to call off the dog, then get off my land.
- After four months, the police called off the search for the missing boy.
- 2022 September 21, “Network News: Unions postpone action during period of national mourning”, in RAIL, number 966, page 15:
- National rail strikes by ASLEF members on September 15 and by RMT members on September 15 and 19 were immediately called off.
- (intransitive) To telephone in one's notice of a day's absence from work.
- Synonym: call in sick