Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -eɪsɪŋ
casing (plural casings)
- That which encloses or encases.
- Some people like to split the casing of a sausage before cooking so it doesn't burst. Others don't.
- (architecture) The decorative trim around a door or window.
- (oil industry) A metal pipe used to line the borehole of a well.
- (uncountable, computing) The collective states of upper and lower case letters.
- The replacement string should have the same casing as the matched text.
that which encloses or encases
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked