Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: catch as catch can
Audio (AU) (file)
- (idiomatic) Only when possible or when the opportunity presents itself; intermittent.
- My efforts lately have been catch-as-catch-can, not carefully planned.
- (wrestling) Relating to catch wrestling, a form of amateur freestyle wrestling.
- 1980, Walter Armstrong, Wrestling, page x:
- In Lancashire and the north of Ireland, the catch-hold or catch-as-catch-can system still finds favour.
- Ad hoc; in any way possible.