Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
championship (plural championships)
- (sports) A competition to determine a champion, especially the final of a series of competitions.
- The position of champion, or winner.
- Defense or support of some cause.
- His championship of civil rights eventually bore fruit.
competition to determine a champion
position of champion, or winner
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.