Jump to navigation Jump to search
choke + berry, describing the astringency of the fruits, which are inedible when raw.
chokeberry (plural chokeberries)
- Either of two species in Aronia, formerly and sometimes in Photinia, deciduous shrubs, native to Russia and eastern North America and most commonly found in wet woods and swamps.
- The fruit of such a shrub.
deciduous shrub in genus Aronia
fruit of such a shrub
- chokeberry on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- Aronia on Wikispecies.Wikispecies
- Aronia on Wikimedia Commons.Wikimedia Commons
- chokeberry at USDA Plants database