Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- plural of
chops pl (plural only)
- (plural only, music, informal) A wind instrument player's embouchure.
- (plural only, informal, chiefly music) One's skill at musical interpretation and delivery; musical performance ability.
- Although the bass player had no experience playing in New Orleans, the crowd's enthusiastic response showed that he had the chops to make it in the very particular Crescent City jazz scene.
- (plural only, informal) One's skill at any endeavor.
- Although he did not know all of the ins and outs of the newsroom, he had the writing chops to become a regular contributor.
- (plural only, nautical) The area where two tides meet and cause an irregular (choppy) sea.
- (plural only, juggling) A pattern that involves carrying the object with the hand over the next object before throwing it.
- (juggling) reverse chops
- third-person singular simple present indicative form of chop
- He chops wood all day.