Jump to navigation Jump to search
clavicle (plural clavicles)
- (anatomy) The collarbone; the prominent bone at the top of the chest between the shoulder and the neck connecting the shoulder and the breastbone.
- Synonym: collarbone
- 2022 June 28, Cassidy Hutchinson, 0:47 from the start, in Secret Service officials: Agents willing to dispute Trump SUV incident under oath, CNN:
- Mr. Trump then used his free hand to lunge towards Bobby Engel, and, when Mr. Ornato had recounted the story to me, he had motioned towards his clavicles.
- (obsolete, conchology) The upper part of a spiral shell.
- 1752, John Hill, “Voluta”, in An History of Animals. […], London: Printed for Thomas Osborne, […], →OCLC, page 137:
- The Voluta is a ſimple ſhell, having no hinge, formed of one piece, and of a figure approaching to conic, but short; the clavicle being uſually depreſſed, in all very ſhort: the mouth is long, perpendicular, and narrow: the animal inhabiting this ſhell is a limax.