cofactor (plural cofactors)
- A contributing factor.
- (biochemistry) A substance, especially a coenzyme or a metal, that must be present for an enzyme to function.
- (biochemistry) A molecule that binds to and regulates the activity of a protein.
- (mathematics) The result of a number being divided by one of its factors.
- (mathematics, linear algebra, of a matrix) The signed determinant of the submatrix produced by removing the row and column containing a specified element; primarily used in the recursive definition and calculation of the determinant of a matrix.
- (determinant of a submatrix): minor (unsigned)
substance that must be present for an enzyme to function
cofactor m (plural cofactores)