Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Of, or relating to a college, or college students.
- Collegial. (Can we add an example for this sense?)
of, or relating to a college, or college students
collegiate (plural collegiates)
- (in Canada) another name for a high school (e.g. some high schools are called collegiates rather than high schools)
- (obsolete) A member of a college, a collegian; someone who has received a college education.
- (obsolete) A fellow-collegian; a colleague.
- 1621, Democritus Junior [pseudonym; Robert Burton], The Anatomy of Melancholy, Oxford: Printed by Iohn Lichfield and Iames Short, for Henry Cripps, OCLC 216894069; The Anatomy of Melancholy: […], 2nd corrected and augmented edition, Oxford: Printed by John Lichfield and James Short, for Henry Cripps, 1624, OCLC 54573970, (please specify |partition=1, 2, or 3):, II.2.4:
- those tables of artificial sines and tangents, not long since set out by mine old collegiate, good friend, and late fellow-student of Christ Church in Oxford, Mr. Edmund Gunter […].
- (slang) An inmate of a prison.
- plural of