Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Of, or relating to a college, or college students.
- Collegial. (Can we add an example for this sense?)
of, or relating to a college, or college students
collegiate (plural collegiates)
- (obsolete) A member of a college, a collegian; someone who has received a college education.
- (obsolete) A fellow-collegian; a colleague.
1621, Robert Burton, The Anatomy of Melancholy, Oxford: Printed by Iohn Lichfield and Iames Short, for Henry Cripps, OCLC 216894069:, II.2.4:
- those tables of artificial sines and tangents, not long since set out by mine old collegiate, good friend, and late fellow-student of Christ Church in Oxford, Mr. Edmund Gunter […].
- plural of