Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈkɒmɪkəl/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈkɑmɪkəl/
Audio (US) (file)
- (archaic) Originally, relating to comedy.
- It was a comical performance
- Being funny, whimsically amusing.
- The tutor cruelly excelled in comical scoldings
- Being laughable, ridiculous.
- What a comical error!
- 2016 January 30, "Hillary Clinton for the Democratic Nomination," The New York Times (retrieved 30 January 2016):
- Mr. Sanders has scored some rhetorical points against Mrs. Clinton for her longstanding ties to Wall Street, but she has responded well, and it would be comical to watch any of the Republican candidates try to make that case, given that they are all virtually tied to, or actually part of, the business establishment.
relating to comedy
being funny, whimsically amusing
being laughable, ridiculous
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked