Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A violent collision or shock.
- 1631, Francis [Bacon], “(please specify |century=I to X)”, in Sylua Syluarum: Or A Naturall Historie. In Ten Centuries. […], 3rd edition, London: […] VVilliam Rawley; [p]rinted by J[ohn] H[aviland] for William Lee […], OCLC 1044372886:
- It is believed that great ringing of bells, in populous cities, hath dissipated pestilent air; which may be from the concussion of the air.
- (uncountable in Commonwealth of Nations, countable in Canada, US) An injury to part of the body, most especially the brain, caused by a violent blow, followed by loss of function.
- (obsolete, law, civil law) The unlawful forcing of another by threats of violence to yield up something of value.
violent collision or shock
concussion f (plural concussions)